APC primaries: Nothing good can come out of it – Kente

9 hours ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX

Chief David Sabo Kente, a prominent governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has withdrawn from the Taraba state governorship race, citing the need for political stability, peace, and unity within the party and the state.

Kente announced his withdrawal on Wednesday in Jalingo while expressing dissatisfaction with the conduct of the APC primaries in the state, declaring that he had concluded that “nothing good can possibly come out of it.”

The APC stalwart said his decision followed extensive consultations with political stakeholders, supporters, and leaders across religious, ethnic, and political divides within and outside Taraba state.

According to him, his decision to join the governorship race was initially prompted by calls from residents who believed the current administration had failed to meet expectations and desired a change in leadership.

Kente explained that despite his initial reluctance, he eventually accepted to contest because of what he described as overwhelming support and confidence from the people.

He cited the large crowds that welcomed him in Wukari and Jalingo as evidence of his popularity and acceptance across the state.

The politician also revealed that governor Agbu Kefas personally visited him in Jalingo shortly after his arrival in the state and appealed to him to allow the governor complete his remaining four-year tenure.

He said that while consultations with supporters were still ongoing, mounting pressure from influential leaders both within and outside Taraba State persuaded him to reconsider his ambition in the interest of maintaining political stability.

“After due consultation with all relevant stakeholders, especially my political supporters who sacrificed their resources to purchase the Expression of Interest and Nomination forms for me, I have decided to step aside from the race,” Kente said.

He dismissed rumours that he had been financially induced to withdraw from the contest.

“Let me emphasise here that no one has settled me. My decision is strictly in the interest of political stability, peace, and unity of our party and the entire Taraba State. This is not for any personal gain,” he stated.

Kente noted that he had invested heavily in the governorship project but insisted that the interest of the people must come first.

He urged his supporters to remain calm, remain loyal to the APC, and continue supporting the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, whom he described as having good intentions for Taraba State and Nigeria.

He further assured supporters that he would continue to provide political direction in the coming days and remain committed to the vision of a “greater, better, and more prosperous Taraba and Nigeria.”

APC primaries: Nothing good can come out of it – Kente

Read Entire Article
Disclaimer naijasurenews.com only organizes news items from different sources and should not be held responsible for any news item on this website. Opinions and issues conveyed here are not ours but our respective sources. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners Copyright © 2026 Naijasurenews.com, all rights reserved.Made with 💖 in Nigeria by Gimo Internet Tech. Whatsapp +2349029467326