ARTICLE AD BOX
A man has been rescued alive after being buried in the rubble of a collapsed three-storey building for more than nine hours.
The three-storey building under construction had collapsed in Durumi 3 area, near Gudu Market, Abuja, on Saturday.
At least five persons had earlier been confirmed dead, while 10 others were rescued alive after the building under construction collapsed on Saturday morning.
Mr Lere Olayinka, Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, confirmed the incident in a statement issued in Abuja on Saturday.
According to the statement, emergency responders carried out rescue operations at the site amid fears that more victims may remain trapped beneath the rubble.
“At least five persons have been confirmed dead while 10 others were rescued alive after a three-storey building under construction collapsed in the Durumi 3 area, near Gudu Market, Abuja, on Saturday morning.
READ ALSO: Buhari’s son wins APC Reps ticket in Katsina constituency
“Rescue operations still ongoing as emergency responders continue efforts to evacuate more victims believed to be trapped beneath the rubble at the construction site located around Gaduwa Estate in the Gudu district,” the statement said.
He stated that the Mandate Secretary of the Health Services and Environment Secretariat, Dr Adedolapo Fasawe, visited the scene and conveyed the minister’s directive for immediate medical intervention for all victims.
Dr Fasawe said Wike had directed that all casualties be given free medical treatment, adding that emergency response measures had been fully activated to address the situation.
She also stated that rescue and medical personnel were operating under challenging conditions as efforts continued to search through the debris of the collapsed building.
Officials of the Federal Fire Service, security agencies, health workers, and local volunteers were seen at the scene working through the rubble, while anxious residents gathered nearby awaiting updates on the rescue operation.
Rescued alive after being buried in the rubble of a collapsed building for more than 9 hours.
A three-storey building under construction had collapsed in Durumi 3 area, near Gudu Market, Abuja, today.
FCTA Mandate Secretary on Health, Dr Dolapo Fasawe personally attended to him… pic.twitter.com/UieAwpr75q
— Lere Olayinka – Aresa 1 (@OlayinkaLere) May 16, 2026
The post Man rescued alive after 9 hours under collapsed 3-storey building in Abuja (Video) appeared first on Latest Nigeria News | Top Stories from Ripples Nigeria.














English (US) ·