Osun 2026: Accord laments as thugs attack Adeleke’s campaign office, party secretariat

42 minutes ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX

Accord Party has condemned a second attack on Imole House, comprising Governor Ademola Adeleke’s campaign Office and party Secretariat in Osogbo, Osun State. 

The attack happened in Osogbo, Osun State capital on Sunday night, being the second of such attacks on Imole House in two weeks by these thugs.

The thugs, alleged to have been sponsored by some politicians in the opposition, shot sporadically at the building, which shattered glass windows and offices, including the Accord State Chairman’s Office, Victor Akande.

A cryptic writing on the wall of the building, which read, “Say No to automatic ticket” also appeared to be a warning.

The thugs had earlier destroyed Accord and Imole Campaign Council’s billboards, vandalised public properties and killed the son of the party’s woman leader in Irewole Local Government Area of the state, in brazen acts of do-or-die politics.

A statement signed by Maxwell Mgbuden, National Chairman of Accord, said that security agencies were duly notified of the plots by the desperate politicians to use thugs to cause mayhem and destabilise the state ahead of the 15th August 2026 gubernatorial election in the state. 

“The party is shocked that the attacks happened under their watch,” the statement said.

Accord called on the Inspector General of Police and the Director General, Department of State Services, DSS, to swing into action immediately, arrest and prosecute the armed thugs and their sponsors.

“The police should also provide adequate security at Imole House and strategic places in the state to prevent a recurrence of these dastardly acts.

“Politics is a contest of ideas, not violence. Accord condemns garrison politics in all its ramifications. It is unfortunate that the All Progressives Congress which the good people of Osun State had rejected in the previous polls and will still reject on August 15, would mobilise thugs to attack the campaign office of an incumbent governor seeking re-election with impunity. It is outrageous, despicable and unacceptable.

“Let it be clear that the people of Osun State have chosen to be in one accord to build a better, greater and prosperous state, and will not bow to intimidation, harassment, violence and terrorism from anti-democratic and reactionary forces in the state.”

Accord added that Governor Adeleke has done well and deserves a second term in office, saying Osun people are ready to vote for continuity.

Osun 2026: Accord laments as thugs attack Adeleke’s campaign office, party secretariat

Read Entire Article
Disclaimer naijasurenews.com only organizes news items from different sources and should not be held responsible for any news item on this website. Opinions and issues conveyed here are not ours but our respective sources. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners Copyright © 2026 Naijasurenews.com, all rights reserved.Made with 💖 in Nigeria by Gimo Internet Tech. Whatsapp +2349029467326