Senate primaries: Zamfara APC aspirant rejects disqualification, threatens legal action

10 hours ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX

An All Progressives Congress, APC, senatorial aspirant for Zamfara Central, Sanusi Ibrahim Garacci, has rejected his disqualification from the party’s 2027 senatorial primary, insisting that the decision was unjust.

Garacci, who spoke with journalists on Tuesday in Gusau, said he remained in the race and would seek legal redress over the development.

The aspirant alleged that the APC National Headquarters disqualified him over alleged non-payment of party dues, a claim he described as false.

According to him, he possesses documents confirming payment of all required dues.

“I have every document for the payment of my party dues, but I observed that some of my critical documents were removed to blacklist me,” he said.

Garacci claimed the alleged removal of his documents was aimed at preventing him from participating in the primary election.

He urged his supporters to remain calm, assuring them that efforts were underway to challenge the disqualification through legal means.

The development comes weeks after APC stakeholders in Zamfara endorsed a consensus arrangement supporting the return of incumbent National Assembly members ahead of the 2027 elections.

Garacci had earlier criticised the arrangement, describing it as undemocratic and unfair to other aspirants.

The APC has yet to officially respond to the allegations raised by the aspirant.

Senate primaries: Zamfara APC aspirant rejects disqualification, threatens legal action

Read Entire Article
Disclaimer naijasurenews.com only organizes news items from different sources and should not be held responsible for any news item on this website. Opinions and issues conveyed here are not ours but our respective sources. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners Copyright © 2026 Naijasurenews.com, all rights reserved.Made with 💖 in Nigeria by Gimo Internet Tech. Whatsapp +2349029467326