ARTICLE AD BOX
United States President, Donald Trump, has decided to hold off on attacking Iran again at the request of leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Trump disclosed this in a post on his Truth Social media account on Monday.
According to him, the strike was scheduled for Tuesday, but he was asked to hold off because serious negotiations are now taking place between the US and countries in the Middle East, and beyond.
The US leader noted that the request came from Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
“This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” Trump said, adding that he instructed US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, along with Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Dan Caine, and others to hold off on the attack.
“But have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large -scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached,” he said.
This is coming less than 24 hours after Trump warned that the “clock is ticking” for a deal to be made between the US and Iran, but so far, negotiations have been at a standstill for weeks since a ceasefire was implemented.
Trump suspends planned Iran attack after appeal from Arab leaders











English (US) ·