Cubana Chiefpriest breaks silence on APC Primary defeat

3 days ago 4
ARTICLE AD BOX

Celebrity businessman, Cubana Chiefpriest has reacted to reports that he lost the APC primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East federal constituency seat ahead of the 2027 general elections, insisting that he never fully participated in the contest.

Reports had emerged on Saturday that the socialite lost the party’s primary election to incumbent House of Representatives member Canice Moore Nwachukwu, who is currently serving a second term. The reports quickly gained traction across social media platforms.

However, in a lengthy statement shared via Instagram on Sunday, Chiefpriest denied taking part in the primary process, explaining that internal discussions within the All Progressives Congress (APC) had already settled the matter before the exercise took place.

READ ALSO: Seyi Tinubu consoles Cubana Chief Priest after losing APC reps ticket in Imo

According to him, Imo State Governor Hope Uzodimma informed him about the party’s zoning arrangement during consultations ahead of the primary election. Chiefpriest said he was told that it was not yet the turn of his local government area to produce the federal lawmaker for the constituency.

“Immediately the party’s decision was communicated to me in the early hours of Saturday before the primaries. I stayed away completely in respect of the leadership and the internal understanding reached,” he wrote, adding that nobody saw him anywhere near the primary venue because he deliberately stayed away.

The businessman also dismissed rumours suggesting he spent massively or became indebted because of his political ambition. He maintained that his interest in the race was driven by a desire to serve his people and improve representation in the constituency. Despite stepping aside, Chiefpriest said he remained loyal to President Bola Tinubu and the APC, while insisting that the attention surrounding the issue only reflected the influence of his name.

 

The post Cubana Chiefpriest breaks silence on APC Primary defeat appeared first on Latest Nigeria News | Top Stories from Ripples Nigeria.

Read Entire Article
Disclaimer naijasurenews.com only organizes news items from different sources and should not be held responsible for any news item on this website. Opinions and issues conveyed here are not ours but our respective sources. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners Copyright © 2026 Naijasurenews.com, all rights reserved.Made with 💖 in Nigeria by Gimo Internet Tech. Whatsapp +2349029467326